19th September 2016
As you will be aware, when your child was at infant school they were entitled to a free school meal as part of a government scheme. Unfortunately, this does not continue once the children leave infant school.
Therefore, we are writing to advise you that if you think your child is still entitled to a free school meal, you must apply directly to Southampton City Council. (If you have already done this since your child has joined us, then please ignore this letter.)
To apply for free school meals, you must do an online application, following the instructions below. Please be aware that you must be very accurate with the information you provide.
1) Go to our school website – www.beechwoodjuniorschool.co.uk.
2) Scroll down the homepage and click the orange box that says “Go to free school meals”
3) This will take you to the Southampton City Council application page. Please then click on the words “apply online for an eligibility check”
4) Carefully insert the required information and submit your application
5) You will be immediately notified if your application is successful or not. The school will then be notified accordingly
If you have any queries or need any assistance with this process, please do not hesitate to contact the school office on 023 8022 7692.
Mrs S Marsh