BEECHWOOD JUNIOR SCHOOL
Job Title: Site Manager
Closing Date: Friday, 18th June, 2021 (9a.m.)
Interview Date: Tuesday, 29th June, 2021
Job Start Date: Monday, 23rd August, 2021
Key Stage: 2
Salary Type: Grade 6/7 dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week – 52 weeks per year with annual leave to be taken during school holiday periods. Some overtime will be required
Location of Role: Beechwood Junior School
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Job/Personal Summary: We are looking for a reliable, honest, and enthusiastic person who has a good range of practical skills to join our successful school team to keep our site clean and safe. The successful candidate will be proactive and take pride in the school. This role is suited for a person who enjoys DIY and is keen to work on their own initiative but also as part of a team. Basic literacy and math’s skills are essential.
The successful applicant will be able to work in partnership with our school teams to:
- manage the school site, grounds and buildings
- take responsibility for site security
- ensure the school is unlocked and locked daily, carrying out security and safety checks; there may also be a requirement to open and close the school outside the core hours
- regularly carry out and record health and safety checks and ensure that Health and Safety and COSHH legislation is kept to
- manage and liaise with the school cleaning team
- ensure the school is kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including undertaking cleaning duties if and when necessary
- arrange and liaise with contractors on-site and supervise when necessary
- take responsibility for stock control and ordering of school resources and cleaning/repair products
- undertake a range of minor repairs, maintenance and decorating
- have a willingness to build relationships with the children
- work in a flexible manner for the needs of the children and the school
- be a positive and professional face of our school community
The post holder will be required to undertake regular training to help them to undertake the role successfully and to comply with health and safety standards. The role will include some working at height and moving and handling. Experience is desirable but training will be provided.
Covid safe visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Mrs. Fowler on 02380227692 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal visit to the school or to request an application pack.
Beechwood Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all of our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.